Pan Aadhar Linking
Link your PAN to Aadhar
Under Income Tax Act, now it is mandatory to link your Pan to Aadhar for all persons who have been alloted PAN and are eligible to obtain Aadhar.
However there are certain categories of persons who are exempt from PAN-Aadhar linking :
1. Non-Resident Indians
2. Persons who are not citizens of India
3. Persons who are aged above 80 years as on date
4. Persons who are residents of States of Assam, Meghalaya or Jammu & Kashmir
(As per Department of Revenue notification no.37/2017 dtd. 11th May, 2017)
The PAN aadhar linking was free till 31st March,2022.
Since then CBDT has levied a late fee for linking which is as under :
(a) Rs. 500 upto 30th June,2022
(b) Rs.1000 after 30th June.22 till 30th June, 23
After 30th June,2023, all PANs which are not linked to Aadhar will become invalid and will be inoperative.
We are providing the process of how to link pan with aadhar online yourself without any hassle.
Steps for PAN Aadhar linking are :
1. Just go to the link https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/bl-link-aadhaar
2.Fill in your PAN and Aadhar No. and click on validate
3. If the PAN aadhar is already linked, it will show the status as "Your PAN is already linked to Aadhar"
4. If the same is not linked, payment option will be highlighted
5. Just follow the steps to make the payment of Rs.1000 through any of the modes prescribed
6. After successful payment, wait for sometime i.e. about half an hour so that the challan gets updated in the sysment.
7. Repeat the above process i.e. go to link given above and enter the details
8. The updated challan will be shown and the sytem will ask the name as per Aadhar
9. On successful entry, the PAN aadhar linking request will be submitted
10. You can check the status of linking after 1 working day at https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/link-aadhaar-status
11. If there is any mismatch in name or Date of birth as per PAN and aadhar, the same will be communicatied on the mobile no.
Pan Aadhar Linking Errors
PAN (Permanent Account Number) and Aadhaar are two important identification documents for Indian citizens.
Linking these two documents is mandatory as per the government's directive to eliminate duplicates and ensure transparency.
However, there may be instances where you encounter error codes while trying to link your PAN and Aadhaar.
In this article, we will discuss the various error codes that may be encountered and their solutions.
Error Code 1: Incorrect PAN or Aadhaar Number
This error code occurs when the PAN or Aadhaar number entered is incorrect or does not match with the records of the respective authority. To resolve this error, you need to check the number entered and verify it with the original document. If the number entered is incorrect, you can correct it and try again. If the number is correct, you may need to contact the respective authority's helpline or customer support for assistance.
2. Error Code 2: Name Mismatch
This error code occurs when the name entered while linking PAN and Aadhaar does not match with the name registered with the respective authority. This error is usually encountered when there are minor variations in the name, such as initials or spelling mistakes. To resolve this error, you need to check the name entered and verify it with the original document. If the name is incorrect, you can correct it and try again. If the name is correct, you can update your name in either PAN or Aadhaar to match the other and then try again.
3. Error Code 3: Invalid Details
This error code occurs when the personal details entered while linking PAN and Aadhaar are incorrect or incomplete. To resolve this error, you need to check the details entered and verify them with the original document. If the details entered are incorrect or incomplete, you can correct them and try again.
4. Error Code 4: Technical Error
This error code occurs due to technical issues while linking PAN and Aadhaar. To resolve this error, you may need to wait for some time and try again later. You can also try linking your PAN and Aadhaar through different modes such as SMS, online or offline modes.
In case you are unable to resolve the error codes encountered while linking PAN and Aadhaar, you can contact the respective authority's helpline or customer support for assistance. It is important to ensure that your PAN and Aadhaar are linked to avoid any penalties or fines imposed by the government. The linking of PAN and Aadhaar also makes it easier for taxpayers to file their income tax returns.
In conclusion, linking PAN and Aadhaar is a crucial process for every Indian citizen, and it is important to ensure that the linking process is error-free. By following the steps mentioned above, you can easily resolve the error codes encountered while linking PAN and Aadhaar.
Which ITR is best for me?You can know which ITR is best for you by taking a short quiz here ➡ Else, you can read our article on this topic here
Is Karr Tax safe?Yes! Definetely! We are! 1. Your Data is yours! So, it is never given to anyone else than our safe team 2. The payment method is fully secured and managed by India's No. 1 payment gateway: Razorpay! 3. Our website is 100% SSL secured. No Hackers, No worries!
Who will file my IT return?Your ITR is filed by Tax Experts who have more then 20 years of experience!
What is Form 16?Every Salaried Employee whose total income after all eligible deductions under income tax act exceeds the maximum amount not chargeable to tax is required to get their tax deducted from their employers as per their eligible tax slabs. Thus the employer has to deduct tax at source from income of every employee whose total income is chargeable to tax and has to deposit the TDS so deducted into the Govt. Account. Every Employer has to file TDS return of salary at the end of the Financial year and has to provide the Form 16 to every employee whose TDS has been deducted at Source. For more details check out this ➡